Making a composite from several jpg's
maurice
2009-10-21 21:49:25 UTC
Is there a way to make a composite photo made up from several
individual jpg's?? I tried the contact function in Automate but it's
not what I want. If not Photoshop what software??
Leo Lichtman
2009-10-21 21:54:21 UTC
Post by maurice
Is there a way to make a composite photo made up from several
individual jpg's?? I tried the contact function in Automate but it's
not what I want. If not Photoshop what software??
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't know what "contact function" is, but I make composites all the time,
using various techniques, such as cloning, selecting and pasting, layering
and erasing. It would help if you described a typical project you want to
do.
maurice
2009-10-22 00:08:15 UTC
My wife and I grow roses and I would like to make composite pictures
of say a particular family of roses with 2 to 4 different roses from a
rose family that would be in one composite jpg instead of having 4
different pictures. The composite enables the viewer to see the
similarities in each family of roses. BYW, I use Win XP and my 2
vieweres of choice are ACDSEE andPhotoshop.

Loring

do.
Leo Lichtman
2009-10-22 00:24:14 UTC
"maurice" wrote: (clip) I would like to make composite pictures
Post by maurice
of say a particular family of roses with 2 to 4 different roses from a
rose family that would be in one composite (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay--how about this: photograph each separate variety in front of a
clearly contrasting and evenly illuminated background. Use the magic
selection brush to select and then delete each of the backgrounds. You can
now paste each of the varieties over any background of your choosing, for
example, a blurred rose garden.

Would that work for you?
maurice
2009-10-22 00:45:01 UTC
Leo
Yes, but I am thinking of a piece of software I use to have ( it was
comething like Compu ????? something and making a composite was so
simple. I have to do a bunch of these for a presentation on roses for
my wife and I want to keep it simple... Oh well. guess I'll do
some searching. Thank you for your time and consideration

Loring

Would that work for you?
Bill
2009-10-22 19:40:33 UTC
Maybe you could use the collage feature? From organizer choose the pictures
you want to combine and then click create/collage. Follow the instructions
to combine them into one and then you can save it as a jpeg. You can also
save it as a Photoshop file if you want to come back later and edit it

Bill
Would that work for you?
Sonsdad
2009-10-29 09:41:26 UTC
Post by maurice
of say a particular family of roses with 2 to 4 different roses from a
rose family that would be in one composite (clip)
Okay--how about this: photograph each separate variety in front of a
clearly contrasting and evenly illuminated background. Use the magic
selection brush to select and then delete each of the backgrounds. You can
now paste each of the varieties over any background of your choosing, for
example, a blurred rose garden.
Would that work for you?
I have just been looking at something from imikimi.com. It looks fairly
simple and seems to be free. Perhaps it will do what you require. As
always be careful as I have only had a quick glance at it.