F1 Help Key - Unexpected Behavior
Greg
2009-06-28 19:10:39 UTC
I understand pressing the F1 key in PSE7 is supposed to get me online help
from the Adobe website. However, when I press F1 the URL that appears in my
browser's address window (Firefox) is the following:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win/search.html?AH_ION=true

All that gets me is a browser window which displays this link:
http://community.adobe.com/help

This is a generic link to ALL Adobe products help. I believe F1 should
instead be taking me to this URL:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Greg
Jeffrey Kaplan
2009-06-29 17:15:13 UTC
Post by Greg
I understand pressing the F1 key in PSE7 is supposed to get me online help
from the Adobe website. However, when I press F1 the URL that appears in my
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win/search.html?AH_ION=true
http://community.adobe.com/help
This is a generic link to ALL Adobe products help. I believe F1 should
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win
Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Complain to Adobe?

The Adobe web site is redirecting the URL. The problem is on their
end, there is nothing you can do about it from your end.
--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

"To know what people really think, pay regard to what they do, rather
than what they say." - Rene Descartes
Greg
2009-07-02 19:23:52 UTC
Post by Jeffrey Kaplan
Post by Greg
I understand pressing the F1 key in PSE7 is supposed to get me online help
from the Adobe website. However, when I press F1 the URL that appears in my
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win/search.html?AH_ION=true
http://community.adobe.com/help
This is a generic link to ALL Adobe products help. I believe F1 should
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopElements/7.0_Win
Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Complain to Adobe?
The Adobe web site is redirecting the URL. The problem is on their
end, there is nothing you can do about it from your end.
Finally found the problem: I had google-analytics blocked in my hosts file!
I have no idea why that would matter, but it does. Removing the block fixed
it.

Greg