purchase Elements 5.0
Brianm
2010-03-11 00:26:25 UTC
For a variety of reasons, I would like to purchase Elements v 5.0
(rather than the latest, 8.0). What would be the best way? I can't
find it on Adobe's site... Does it work to buy it second-hand off
Ebay? I'm wondering if there's some obscure activation feature or
something which may make a second-hand purchase difficult.

TIA
Ken Baker (Dover ICT)
Providing you get the CD and the Serial Number it should install OK.
Joe D
2010-03-11 12:46:24 UTC
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 03:23:08 -0500, Ken Baker (Dover ICT) wrote
(in article
Post by Ken Baker (Dover ICT)
Post by Brianm
For a variety of reasons, I would like to purchase Elements v 5.0
(rather than the latest, 8.0).  What would be the best way?  I can't
find it on Adobe's site...  Does it work to buy it second-hand off
Ebay?  I'm wondering if there's some obscure activation feature or
something which may make a second-hand purchase difficult.
TIA
Providing you get the CD and the Serial Number it should install OK.
I'm not sure if this goes back to v5 of Elements, but Adobe keeps track of
registered/in use IDs. If the seller didn't deactivate that ID you might not
be able to activate it because Adobe might claim it's already in use.

Just a warning. Maybe check with Adobe?
Joe Dee from NYC
Ian D
2010-03-12 01:14:14 UTC
Post by Joe D
(in article
Post by Ken Baker (Dover ICT)
Post by Brianm
For a variety of reasons, I would like to purchase Elements v 5.0
(rather than the latest, 8.0). What would be the best way? I can't
find it on Adobe's site... Does it work to buy it second-hand off
Ebay? I'm wondering if there's some obscure activation feature or
something which may make a second-hand purchase difficult.
TIA
Providing you get the CD and the Serial Number it should install OK.
I'm not sure if this goes back to v5 of Elements, but Adobe keeps track of
registered/in use IDs. If the seller didn't deactivate that ID you might not
be able to activate it because Adobe might claim it's already in use.
Just a warning. Maybe check with Adobe?
--
Joe Dee from NYC
I have PSE 4 & 6, and neither required activation, so I don't
think PSE 5 will. I also have PSE 5 that came with a Wacom
pad, but never installed it.
CharlieBubbles
2010-03-12 11:57:25 UTC
I use PSE5 and as previously stated by those who've already replied, it does
not require activation. PSE5 will require a valid product key on first
install but as I've not done a reinstall, I don't know whether you'd be
prompted for the product key again. Providing the software is genuine I see
no real difference in buying from eBay or buying from a high street store,
apart from price! However with used software you may encounter problems if
the previous owner registered the product key with Adobe, but that is only
my guess...
Post by Ian D
Post by Joe D
(in article