pse 8 can't find my printer so i can't print
Steve Marose
2010-01-19 07:04:11 UTC
i just installed elements 8 on my sony laptop running windows 7. my
printer is attached to a desktop that is part of my home wireless
network. i am able to see it in control panel, print from other
programs (office, etc) and even was able to print from pse 7, which i
just uninstalled when i installed pse 8 so i wouldn't have 2 versions
wasting space on my computer. when i try to print a file with elements
8, i get an error that says printing and page setup can not be
performed until i install a printer. i see no options for setting up
a pritner within the program, it simply thinks i dont have a printer
installed.
any idea why pse 8 isn't seeing a printer that every other program
(includung pse7) can see? not sure how to resolve this. since my pse7
was an download, not a cd install, i can't get it back.
Steve Marose
2010-01-19 17:32:18 UTC
Post by Steve Marose
i just installed elements 8 on my sony laptop running windows 7. my
printer is attached to a desktop that is part of my home wireless
network. i am able to see it in control panel, print from other
programs (office, etc) and even was able to print from pse 7, which i
just uninstalled when i installed pse 8 so i wouldn't have 2 versions
wasting space on my computer. when i try to print a file with elements
8, i get an error that says printing and page setup can not be
performed until i install a printer.  i see no options for setting up
a pritner within the program, it simply thinks i dont have a printer
installed.
any idea why pse 8 isn't seeing a printer that every other program
(includung pse7) can see? not sure how to resolve this. since my pse7
was an download, not a cd install, i can't get it back.
hey, figured this out on my own, not long after i posted. maybe this
will help somene else who runs into the same problem:
i changed my default printer in control panel to the generic microsoft
xps document writer. pse 8 recognized this one so allowedme to pull up
the print setup window. i then changed the printer in pse8 to my
canon. after that, i went back to control panel and made the canon
default again.
Bob AZ
2010-02-04 03:38:32 UTC
Post by Steve Marose
Post by Steve Marose
[...]
Steve

PSE 7 and PSE 8 both want to run at the same time and this confuses
the computer. I finally had to drop PSE 2 for PSE 7 and the same
problem went away. Your problem with the printer will popup again.
Adobe is woefully aware of this and will do nothing except to hope it
will go away. Their cure is to expect that you will spend more money.
Too bad. Elements is a great program after you learn your way with it.
Then another version is introduced to get your money.

Bob AZ